Here contains glimpses of my life (especially Jack, the 8 year old) and obsession with UNC Tarheel basketball!



Friday, September 06, 2013

Gift 5 & 6: Looking Around

I'm starting to notice ways to give.  I think I noticed some of these before, I just didn't act on it enough of the time.  I saw a quote today by Dolvett Quince, a trainer on the Biggest Loser. 

"I lay down in bed, and I think and I plan, then I get down on my knees and I pray, then I stand up and act, walk out the door, & make it happen."

Gift 5  I took time to do a survey on public transportation and in return, received 8 bus tickets.  I left them for my neighbor in the mailbox with a note---hope you can use these.  I see her walking down the road to catch the bus at least a couple times a week.  Now, I will smile a little bigger when I drive by her:)

Gift 6  There is someone in my life who I love very much but having healthy boundaries causes me to have to resist most monetary gifts.  I had recently ordered something in the mail and decided---I really don't want this.  Today, I was going to mail it back for a credit, but found out that I couldn't return it.  It turns out that it is the perfect size for my someone.  I mailed it today, along with some other goodies to make it a special day when it arrives next week.

Tomorrow is my BIRTHDAY---47 years old!  I can't believe it but I feel blessed & honored to keep living.  I bought a cake (red velvet) today and I'm going to "take my own cake" tomorrow to share with everyone at work.  I made up a rhyme:  Teresa's 47 & closer to heaven!

No comments: