Gift 3 Handmade Hat
I've tried some crafts and sometimes, I'm average. Sometimes, I'm down right terrible but I can laugh at myself. When Mom came for her summer visit, she taught me to make crochet hats using a loom. Now, my toughest dilemma--stitch spacing, is now no problem When crotcheting, if there is not consistent tension on the yarn, some stitches will be closer together or farther apart and it doesn't turn out even. The loom is Teresa proof! All the stitches are even and voila!
Since I work with babies, I like to give a hat to those special, special ones. Sometimes, the reason is only that the baby's name is Jack. Other times, it's because I've seen the mother struggle and I want to offer something tangible that represents hope. It's always appreciated and gives me a strong connection. I've finished another hat and since it's a work day, I'm going to take it in to give away:)
Epilogue: There were special twins born today, Hope & Faith. Hope slipped away after 30 minutes, despite our best efforts. Faith is doing well. Their Mom was so sick, I didn't get to talk to her yet. But I'm going to give her the hat for Faith when I go back to work.
No comments:
Post a Comment