He liked warmth, but he did not like to get too hot. This brings me to some of the rare sad thoughts I have. He won't be Southern or Californian like his parents. One day, someone will ask him why his Mom talks "funny" and he will answer, "because she's from North Carolina." He won't say that he's from NC, b/c he isn't. But I'm going to choose to think positive here and imagine that he'll be describing only the best attributes about the Pacific Northwest like I do about the south.
Onto another thought...I go back to work in one week. Most of you know, but I help sick babies. I've been around babies at work since 1991 and it's my life's calling. But I am different now. I was always very empathetic (& sympathetic, when needed) and loved supporting the families and doing my very best to help each baby. Now, I will know the feelings of being a mother and this will make me even better. I will also know some of the stresses of having a high risk pregnancy and what that does to you. We were lucky...Jack was full-term. Some aren't so lucky.
I'm thinking it will also make me more emotional, but I will deal with that as it happens. I can't wait to be better than I was before...b/c even in each small way, each kindness, each touch, each interaction...I can help someone who is dealing with their difficult situation...I will be this way because of Jack.
No comments:
Post a Comment