Here contains glimpses of my life (especially Jack, the 8 year old) and obsession with UNC Tarheel basketball!



Sunday, February 24, 2008

Gloating...with Malicious Pleasure


I did survive my first day at work and sped home to see my boy after 27 hours with Mr. Tarheel, aka Daddy. Daddy said it was "easy" and the house didn't blow away in a hurricane. Jack waved his arms and kicked with excitement when he saw me. Then he promptly took a big poop because he secretly knows that I will give him a nice bath because of it. He loves his bath and play time in the tub. We had such fun together....
The babies at worked looked a little smaller than they did before...especially compared to my big boy. It was neat talking about Jack constantly and showing off his picture. My life does revolve around him right now but I had the energy/stamina to direct my attention to the babies who needed me at work. Plus, I had so much adult conversation and didn't really have to hear any loud screaming, like Jack sometimes does at home.
Now on to my 2nd favorite topic...Jack is #1 and I'll give you one guess what is #2................................
I love the Tarheels but who do I hate?
DUKE SUCKS!
And I hate to gloat...(Mr. Webster says this means to think about with malicious pleasure)....but Duke has lost 2 road games in the past week....YIPPEE! Plus, they were to lower ranked teams...Wake Forest & Miami....come Monday, #5 Duke will fall, fall, fall in the rankings and I will be really gloating! The Tarheels play Wake Forest today in Chapel Hill...so I'll be rooting for them big time later today and Jack & I get some much needed rest time. But imagine me falling asleep with a big smile on my face...you know, the smile that means I'm thinking with malicious pleasure....

No comments: