Here contains glimpses of my life (especially Jack, the 8 year old) and obsession with UNC Tarheel basketball!



Thursday, July 30, 2015

Today

As a transplanted Southerner, I usually say, "that's not right".  Other times, I revert back and say, "that ain't right".  Not seeing Jack every day feels like a cut with a dull knife.  A knife slowly slicing through my heart without any numbness to deaden the pain.  But I am determined to cope well.  And I do some of the time.  I have time to take care of me, do things to expand who I am.  I work, which is more than a necessary annoyance.  I love to help people and I have no shortage of opportunity for that.  But there are times when the pain and tears come.  The old me would suppress and deny. Avoid.   The new me is different.  I run toward it & look for ways to lessen it's impact.  It's a 3D image, of what I don't know yet.

No comments: