Here contains glimpses of my life (especially Jack, the 8 year old) and obsession with UNC Tarheel basketball!



Saturday, July 11, 2015

Tears

If tears could be counted, what would be the average number for a lifetime?

I hope my laughs outnumber the tears, by the end.  Without great love, there is no great grief or loss.  I am feeling both.  I believe I am doing well and then there is a set back.  Time passes and the pain & anger trickle slowly out until the next wave.

The large, crushing wave throws me down & I struggle to get back up.  I lie there, alone, drowning in the grief.  There aren't words to describe it.  I ask for help & sometimes the help comes from within.  Sometimes, above.  Sometimes, alongside.  But it always comes.

I stand up & take a big breath.  Exhale.  Steady my feet & take the next step.

No comments: