Here contains glimpses of my life (especially Jack, the 8 year old) and obsession with UNC Tarheel basketball!



Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Fading memories

Sometimes memories sneak out of my eyes and roll down my cheek.

Some will be vivid for a long, long time but the day to day, seemingly insignificant ones are getting fuzzy.  I am processing a little each day.  Reminiscing, with a focus on the good early years.
I thought of writing some of them here & now but the tears began.  Another day.  Talked today with Carlye about capacity vs choice.  Even now, my heart searches for the good, an explainable reason for this pain.  But, it came down to a choice.  One side stood happiness & on the other side stood commitment & me.  They hadn't co-existed in quite some time.  Don't judge others, 
I remind myself.   I have fallen short so many times.  But I still believe deep in my heart that I would have made a different choice.

There goes another memory....different is not worse, it's just different.

Yes, we sure were different.

No comments: