Here contains glimpses of my life (especially Jack, the 8 year old) and obsession with UNC Tarheel basketball!



Saturday, April 12, 2008

Just Like Every Other Night


I didn't go into any detail about my extreme disappointment in the Tarheels losing in the final 4, one week ago today. Back in the BJ days (before Jack), I would have gone on and on with my commentary as to who played great and who didn't with statistics and my take on adopted Uncle Roy & his boys. Oh well, I'm busier and happier than in my BJ days.
Before Jack, I would have ruminated and sulked and gotten a stomach ache that even Tums wouldn't cure. I would have critiqued the official UNC athletic web site www.tarheelblue.com and some other UNC basketball blogs that I used to read. But in the end, the facts are the facts. We had a great season, beating Duke TWICE, being the ACC regular season champs and winning the ACC tournament, & Tyler was truly the National Player of the Year! but we still didn't become the National Champions that I expected. And once again, my one bracket partner & next door neighbors, Mayoe & Beth, will be enjoy a nice steak dinner on my ticket!
That's OK with me more than it's ever been. You know why? After the game, I took my boy in for his bath and he laughed and kicked just like every other night. I blew a hole in his belly, he laughed, and then we read books together and I rocked him and gave him his bottle. He smelled so clean and smiled so sweet, just like every other night. Jack has changed my perspective.
Plus, I was thinking, it's only 7 months to the beginning of next season!

No comments: