Here contains glimpses of my life (especially Jack, the 8 year old) and obsession with UNC Tarheel basketball!



Saturday, April 26, 2008

Laughing Jack & Tarheel News


Laughing Jack & Aunt Robin...guess who's making him laugh...none other than his wonderful mother...Tarheel88~!
Well, there's the good news & the bad news...which one do you want to hear first? OK, I know most of you are the glass half full kind of people....so we'll go with the good news first...
Tyler Hansbrough....UNC Tarheels National Player of the Year is coming back to school next year.....yes, he will probably be a role player, not a star in the NBA. He'll have a long, profitable career, barring any injury. But, isn't it great that he feels he hasn't met his goal of being National Champions yet! And a nice college degree from the FIRST state university (that's first out of all 50)...will only enhance his life! What a role model!
The bad news...Ty Lawson and Wayne Ellington have said they are eligible for the NBA draft in June...but they aren't hiring agents, so they can come back to school if desired. Now, I don't pray negative prayers, but I really would like to see them come back...so maybe it won't be a lucrative as they are planning. We'll see!
Yes, our boy is predictably sleeping over 8 Hours at night now...now that's something to write about. We will survive! I know so many have done it before, but I have to say....when you're over 40, like us, it is more challenging to be sleep-deprived. So don't tell me you know how we feel because most of you were worrying about teenagers when you were over 40....we will be in our mid-50's then & I'm sure we'll definitely have forgotten what it's like to be a teenager....Poor Jack!

No comments: