Here contains glimpses of my life (especially Jack, the 8 year old) and obsession with UNC Tarheel basketball!



Thursday, April 03, 2008

Brothers in Bed Together


When Mr. Tarheel has night duty...this is when Tarheel88 is working her 25 hour shifts...Jack can sometimes wind up in bed during the middle of the night. Tucker is in his usual sleeping position...in a ball. Isn't Jack so cute sleeping next to Tucker?
So as big as Jack looks...he's ONLY 17 lb 10 oz & 26 inches tall...both in the 90% for growth. That means he is height/weight proportioned. This is normal...you know, within the normal range. He's staying on his growth curve....so he's destined to be a bigger man than Daddy. Mr. Tarheel says that's great b/c we want Jack to play football....he wants him to be a linebacker maybe, but I always whisper "kicker" in Jack's ear. A kicker has a long and happy life, I say, b/c he doesn't get tackled. We'll see....
The JOY of the Final 4 is bubbling up inside me....sometimes, I'll just let out a big WHOO-HOO scream for my Tarheels....Jack looks at me with surprise. Boy, he won't be surprised by the time he realizes that his mom is the craziest, #1 Tarheel fan. So guess what Jack & I will be doing on Saturday at 5:47pm PST....cheering on our boys! We are on our way to be National Champions...only 4 1/2 days until the final game....I'm hoping it will be us vs UCLA and we will pound on them with our best game ever. Realistically, UNC will have to play great to be National Champions....but I BELIEVE!

No comments: