Here contains glimpses of my life (especially Jack, the 8 year old) and obsession with UNC Tarheel basketball!



Monday, December 17, 2007

Dr. Brian & 1st Tarheel Game


I haven't said too much about Dr. Brian...Jack's pediatrician. I wasn't able to meet him personally before Jack was born, but I did read & really relate to his philosophy of care on the practice web site. I liked the location, the after hours urgent care (nights & weekends if needed), and the ability to schedule appointments & get labs on-line. So far, we have seen Dr. Brian twice....at 4 & 7 days of age. I had a great feeling about the efficiency of the office immediately. Dr. Brian was all smiles, thorough, and addressed all my concerns. He told me to be the Mom...of course, I am a Mom now, but also, I am a sum of all my other experiences. It will be a process...I did great until the end of the 2nd visit when I asked about the result of the 1st state screen (we were getting the 2nd one done). Everything was "normal"...you know how that word is...but this time, I just said..."great!". On the way out, this was my response to Mr. Tarheel, who asked about the test:
My response was....well, he doesn't have hypothyroid, congenital adrenal hyperplasia, phenylkentonuria, maple syrup urine disease...then Mr. Tarheel interrupted me and said..."it was normal, right?" and I said "yes".
"That's all I need to know", he said...& I smiled:)
Side note: Jack watched his first Tarheel game last night...a blow-out of Rutgers and UNC continues to be ranked #1. I see it will take a few years to transfer the excitement that I feel over to my boy.

No comments: