Here's Jack at 8 days old....head resting on his frog silkie and loving his soothie pacifier. More firsts today...he peed on the wall....I laughed so hard that Tucker & Mr. Tarheel came in to see what was so funny. Jack screamed bloody murder b/c I was so tickled that I was slow changing all his clothes (again). We visited a breastfeeding specialist and Jack showed off for her...things are improving. His bilirubin or jaundice level was 12.4 (transcutaneous/skin) which is dropping and now officially in zone 1 (for all you know the AAP chart by heart....like me!). His weight was up to 7 lbs 9.8 oz---almost back to birthweight....since Friday at the Pediatrician visit (another posting)...he is gaining over 2 oz a day (milk guzzler).
We were the crazy parents at the Walgreen's photo center today...you know the ones..who are oblivious to everything else in the world...especially the fact that you are in a long line and they are doing something you think is stupid and taking way to long to do it. We were both trying to wake him up (after a feeding...bad idea) so we could have his passport photo taken. Yes, according to the United States government, an infant, must have their eyes open in a passport photo. We laughed so much but never got that photo! Now, I want to know, how they will use a newborn picture to identify him in a few months?
No comments:
Post a Comment