Here contains glimpses of my life (especially Jack, the 8 year old) and obsession with UNC Tarheel basketball!



Monday, December 10, 2007

First Family Picture & Other Firsts

First Family Photo after Jack was born...You can't see Mr. Tarheel's smile but I know he had a big grin b/c of how his eyes looked. Poor Jack...he wasn't so happy getting pulled through a sun-roof into a bright, cold room.
There are other firsts...he laughed out loud last night. I don't know why but I imagined he was dreaming about how great his life will be! We went today & got our Christmas tree...his first Christmas is coming up....He also went to the grocery store for the first time. He was the quietest kid there...compared to all the toddlers asking for high sugary snacks. He's getting less jaundiced, eating well, and sleeping well...except between 1-3am...he likes quiet time with his Mom or Dad.
Sometimes, it's hard to believe. He's ours, all ours. Mr. Tarheel believed in this outcome. April believed for me when the HCG didn't rise normally. My believing has come in stages...one little step at a time. I'm almost there.

No comments: