Here contains glimpses of my life (especially Jack, the 8 year old) and obsession with UNC Tarheel basketball!



Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Have Car Seat, Will Travel

So far, Jack is a good traveler...I think it has most to do with the fact that he falls asleep whenever we are driving somewhere. Now learning to work baby equipment can be a challenge....but I think Mr. Tarheel & I are learning fast. Yesterday, we took Jack for his first trip to the mall. The goal was to go into one store and one store only because we wanted to get back home before it was time for Jack to eat again...I call this "turning into a pumpkin". We were fast...we even had time to take Jack into Costco! The Costco trip was for one main reason...to buy diapers. You don't realize how many diapers you are changing until your supply quickly dwindles. There was almost an entire row of diapers....all except for size 1---the size we needed. Word to the wise...Costco rarely has size 1...oh well, it's good to learn something every day.

Frequently asked question: How is your swelling Tarheel88? Well, there is still "pitting" edema around my ankles/top of my feet. But they are soft! I can't wear my regular shoes yet and probably won't for a little while. But there is a new weight loss record for the guiness world book...I lost 33 lbs in the 2 weeks since birth! Now, I had gained 60 lbs total, so I still have the "normal" pregnancy weight to go, but at least I'm justified for all the complaining that I did about my swelling. Remember the "puffy is as puffy does" posting? And, I haven't received any diuretics! Lesson to be learned: correct the reason for the swelling and you won't need diuretics!~

No comments: