Here contains glimpses of my life (especially Jack, the 8 year old) and obsession with UNC Tarheel basketball!



Sunday, December 09, 2007

Thanks Dr. Tracy


Here's a picture of Dr. Tracy, getting ready to do my C-section...She was great for me emotionally and of course, the best skilled OB around. She remained a calming force for me throughout this long pregnancy, especially at the end. On the day of delivery, she handled everything so efficiently and reassured me constantly. When I saw her after the delivery, I asked her...now that he was born at 37 weeks, when did you really think he would be born? Remember, her prediction was to get to the "middle 30's" in gestation.... She smiled and said...I really did believe we would get there! Way to go...maybe she should open her own psychic office....So the day Jack was born, will always be remembered as a great day with no excepts at the end of the sentence!
Jack Update....well, he's still the cutest baby in Enumclaw! I'm biased, but it's really, really true! Jack is jaundiced and we were concerned, so we went to Swedish for a jaundice or bilirubin check last night. The level was 16 at 5 days of age, so he doesn't need phototherapy (18 was the treatment level). Guess what his Mom did....I guessed the level before I knew. I have ESPN...no, I mean ESP. My wonderful colleague, Alison, was SO helpful...thank you! She helped us get the level done and took time out of her busy day to spend time with us. Jack did something for the first time...he peed out of his diaper and on Sally, a night shift nurse. Sorry, Sally...I felt bad b/c she had to change her clothes.

No comments: