There's a break in Tarheel basketball action from Dec 4 to Dec 16...no games to watch for me & Jack. I had set to record the Dec 4 Tarheel game before Jack was born..so luckily, we were able to watch it during those first home, middle of the night feedings. It was another of those early season blow-outs. But of course as #1 fan, I'm watching how each player is playing...memorizing statistics, making predictions. We're early season ranked #1, then #2 (sorry Bruins on your loss), then #1 again...no losses yet for us. With Ty Lawson as point guard, I think we are a Final 4 team...I just hope to beat the Dukies in both games and seal up the ACC championship (once again...to make Coach K frown). This will be to a great advantage b/c we will be able to play first round NCAA tournament games in Raleigh, NC and then move on the Charlotte, NC for the 2nd round before going on the San Antonio for the Final Four. To enjoy the motivating home crowd/team advantage is a big advantage on the way to April 7...the night of the National Championship!
When I talk to Jack about all things Tarheel, he gives me that big eyed look of interest...I'm sure it's all sinking in to that little brain! Now speaking of Jack's eye color...it's not very evident right now....sometimes, I'm sure they will be blue. In certain light, they appear that way. But in other light, they look hazel...we'll have to see how they change.
I'm hearing Jack beginning the newborn Tarheel fight song...so more later:) Here's a picture us with Jack at 8 days old...all you neonatal nurses will see Jack wrapped in the infamous "bunny" blanket...with the Bunnies pointing in the up (right) direction...yes, you can take the girl out of the NICU but the NICU is still in the girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment