Here contains glimpses of my life (especially Jack, the 8 year old) and obsession with UNC Tarheel basketball!



Saturday, December 29, 2007

Sweater of Love


Here's Jack, wearing his sweater of love...hand knitted by my wonderful friend--Sara Johnston. You can't see the emblem...but the baby blue hat is a NC Tarheel hat (yes, they are still #1!). Jack has so many wonderful things to wear and I wish I could remember exactly who gave me which items...I also wish I could adequately thank everyone. I have been overwhelmed with so many things that Jack is wearing/using....it's such an honor to have so many people who care about us.
I've always felt cared for and listened to (and boy, can I talk sometimes)....but I feel more comfortable being the giver instead of the receiver. But, even at my age..you're never too old to learn. Here are some things I've learned lately.....
I've learned to smile graciously and say thank you, from the heart.
I've also learned which grunts mean....I need to burp, eat more, I'm making you something stinky in my diaper...& so on, & so forth.
I've learned how wonderful it is to have a husband who has paternity leave and helps you during the night feedings. Even this talker can sit there & cat nap at 0300 instead of solving all the world's problems during the feeding.
I've learned that kissing Jack about a 100 times a day probably won't seem enough when that day comes when my kisses won't be allowed in public...I wish time could stand still for now....but then again, it will be a nice night when I sleep through the night again.
I'm sure each season will have it's joys.

No comments: