Here contains glimpses of my life (especially Jack, the 8 year old) and obsession with UNC Tarheel basketball!



Saturday, December 01, 2007

Goal Reached--37 weeks Today

This countdown will end soon, but not before the celebration of 37 Weeks Today!! I'm imagining (& you can too) me running like Rocky Balboa, through the streets of Philadelphia, shaking my fists in the air, my crowd of well-wishers running with me....go ahead, hum the theme to Rocky in your head.... I have a big smile on my face and so does Mr. Tarheel & Tucker....

At yesterday's appointment, my BP was 158/98--the highest ever but came down with rest to 140/90. My NST/labs were *normal*. I'm BIG, measuring 42cm (that's the uterus, measured from bottom to top) and at 37 weeks, it's supposed to be 37cm---so I'm 5 cm bigger than expected. Dr. Tracy started talking about delivery sooner rather than later but the plan now is to go back on Monday for another NST & labs. She listened to my fears & acknowledged with my job, I can go places others don't go. She explained wet lungs, maturity, & size to Mr. Tarheel, who quickly gave his views on factors affecting calf birth weight...(smile).

So the waiting continues, & we are going to bank up on sleep this weekend so we'll be ready for Mr. Jack if he comes next week.

No comments: