Here contains glimpses of my life (especially Jack, the 8 year old) and obsession with UNC Tarheel basketball!



Friday, December 28, 2007

Remember to Smile at Your Baby


No, I didn't take this picture...it's a sample picture from our new computer. Mr. Tarheel has been busy getting everything set up, but loading all the pictures has is still on the un-checked off part of the list. Learning the ins & outs of Vista is a work in progress...so be patient all you blog watchers:)
We're loving on Jack and constantly working to figure out all his needs....the sleep loss is starting to accumulate, so I won't be posting every day anymore. All you who have taken care of a newborn 24/7 will understand, I'm sure.
Jack updates: 12/27 weight 9 lbs, 6oz---the beautiful boy is getting bigger by the day. He loves to sit in his swing & even takes cat naps there. Tucker ignores him as he's going back & forth.
We're addicted to our baby monitor and it even has a belt clip...Jack makes grunts/groans while he's sleeping but we're figuring out what it sounds like when he's really waking up. I still wander in the nursery from time to time to see just how beautiful he is as he's sleeping. He definitely likes to wake up slow and enjoys his mobile music (Bach, Beethoven, Mozart) while he's waking up. I'm always saying...wake up sleepy head...and when he opens his eyes, I give him a big smile and tell him how much I love him.
Speaking of smiling at your baby...I took a class in school called Infant Mental Health (I know what you may be thinking but actually, I learned alot in the class). I read a study that said that parents smile less at their first born than later children. So, hence, I try to remember to smile more....just a little tid bit of possible useless information for you. Since Mr. Tarheel & I are both first born and we turned out just great...I'm sure it doesn't affect too many people negatively.

No comments: